Portfolio Rebalancing Spreadsheet
Use this spreadsheet to rebalance your portfolio and assess your asset allocation. The spreadsheet leverages Google Sheets and contains sample data.
Click to launch the spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Make a copy of the spreadsheet
- Fill out the "Current Allocation" on the "Details" sheet.
In the "Security" column, maintain the hyperlink function so that you can obtain the Morningstar metadata (e.g. Class, Bond Term, etc.)
- Copy the "Security" through "Growth/Value" columns to the "Target Allocation" section.
- Initially, set each Target "Balance" to the Current "Balance". Use the cell value formula (e.g. "=G12")
- Go to the "Class" sheet, and fill out the yellow fields
- ** Now you have your baseline **
- Make tweaks in the "Target Allocation" of the "Details" sheet until you get the "Target Allocation Difference" column of the "Class" sheet to near zero.
- Make additional tweaks until you get the "%Total" column of the "Category" sheet to desired levels