MacBook Turning Tide?
I liked this TWiT episode in which the podcasters talked a lot about the current MacBook and its future. Here are the highlights:
- Apple is completely focused on its bread-n-butter iPhone at the peril of the rest of its products
- Apple has dropped the ball with its target Mac users, the creative professionals (lack of SD card reader seems to be a sore spot)
- Apple has no vision for MacOS
- Apple might be strategically treading water until it moves its MacBooks to ARM chips
- The Surface Book 2 might be surpassing the MacBook as the trendy device of choice. See The Surface Book 2 is everything the MacBook Pro should be.
What's your take? What devices are the cool kids using? I suspect the devices used by the audiences at SXSW conferences would be a good indicator, or do participants forego their laptops in favor of their koozies? ;-)